Quality of housing
- The accommodation must be decent and in good condition (according to the criteria of the decree of 30.01.2002 and OJ of 31.01.2002).
- The surface area must be at least 9m² per person (min 2.20m ceiling height) and at least 16 m² for two people.
- The accommodation must include at least: bed, seats, work table, storage unit, wardrobe, heating unit.
- Internet/WIFI access is mandatory.
- The price must be reasonable.
- The deposit requested from the tenant must not exceed one month’s rent.
- It is imperative that you ask your tenant for “Civil Liability / Housing” insurance
Download: Furnished Rental contract template (French)
Room service contracts are adapted to each situation. Contact us to establish it.
Rules of Procedure
Download: Rules of Procedure template
In case of breach of contract by the owner the notice is 3 months and must be done by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt.
Income from the furnished rental of one or more rooms that are part of your main home is exempt from income tax:
- if the rented room is the tenant’s principal residence,
- and if the annual rent per m² (charges not included) does not exceed an amount re-evaluated each year.
2019 = 185 euros/ m²